Purba Purnama is currently a faculty member of Food Business and Technology at Prasetiya Mulya University, Indonesia. Prior to joining Prasetiya Mulya, he worked as academic and research staff in several universities in Indonesia. He teaches several topics in Chemistry. He also worked as postdoctoral research fellow for several years in Biomaterial Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology. His research interests include development of biodegradable and eco-friendly polymer and utilization of supercritical fluid technology. He has published several international journals and patents.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Biomolecular Science & Biomateral), Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) – University of Science and Technology (UST) 2012
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), University of Indonesia 2004
- Awarded the KIST – Alumni Partnership Project 2017 for “Catalyst screening for H2 generation based on first-principle calculation”. (As co-researcher).
- Awarded the KIST – Alumni Partnership Project 2015 for the development of Biodegradable polymer (As Principal Investigator).
- Winner of KIST Graduate Awards for Award of Outstanding Academic Performance and Scholarly Achievements, August 2012.
- Finished Master-PhD Integrative program within 7 semesters
- Awarded as Excellent Poster on 10th Anniversary International Research and Development Academy – Korea Institute of Science and Technology (IRDA – KIST), November 18th 2011.
- Winner of KIST Student Awards for Award of Outstanding Academic Performance and Scholarly Achievements, February 2011.
- Awarded as Excellent Paper on UST Student Awards for Outstanding Research Achievements, July 2010.
- Cum Laude in Chemistry Bachelor Degree (January 2004)
- Best Alumnus of Faculty of math & Science, Dept of Chemistry, University of Indonesia (2004)
- Application Manager, PT. Vanadia Utama, Indonesia 2014 – present
- Lecturer of Sampoerna University, 2015 – 2017
- Lecturer and Researcher, Surya University, 2014
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomaterial Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea 2012 - 2014
- Research Assistant, Biomaterial Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea 2009 – 2012
- QA-QC Supervisor, PT Kalbe Morinaga Indonesia, Indonesia 2007 – 2009
- QC Inprocess Supervisor, PT Plasindo Lestari, Indonesia 2006 – 2007
- Purba Purnama and Soo Hyun Kim. High performance polylactide and its composites. Book: Green Polymer Composites technology: Properties and Applications. Editor: Inamuddin. CRC Pres, Taylor & Francis Group, New York 2017.
- Purba Purnama and Soo Hyun Kim. Synergism of Cellulosic Nanowhiskers and Graft Structure in the Stereocomplex-based Materials: Formation in Solution and Stereocomplex Memory Study. Cellulose 2014, 21(4): 2539 - 2548.
- Purba Purnama and Soo Hyun Kim. Bio-based Composite of Stereocomplex Polylactide and Cellulose Nanowhiskers. Polymer Degradation and Stability 2014, 109: 430 - 435.
- Purba Purnama, Youngmee Jung, and Soo Hyun Kim. Melt Stability of 8-arms Star-shaped Stereocomplex Polylactide with Three-Dimensional Core Structures. Polymer Degradation and Stability 2013, 98 (3), 1097 – 1101.
- Purba Purnama, Youngmee Jung, and Soo Hyun Kim. Advanced Class of Bio-Hybrid Materials: Bionanocomposite of Inorganic Clay and Organic Stereocomplex Polylactide. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering 2013, 298 (3), 263 - 269.
- Purba Purnama, Youngmee Jung, and Soo Hyun Kim. Stereocomplexation of Poly(L-lactide) and random copolymer Poly(D-lactide-co-ε-caprolactone) to Enhance Melt Stability. Macromolecules 2012, 45 (9), pp 4012-4014.
- Purba Purnama and Kim Soo Hyun. Stereocomplex Formation of High Molecular Weight Polylactide Using Supercritical Fluid. Macromolecules 2010, 43 (2), pp 1137-1142.
- Stereocomplex formation of biodegeradable polymers in supercritical fluid-solvent system, Korean Patent : KP Appl. 10-2010-0013353 (2010,02,12)
- Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Sang-Heon, Youngmee Jung, and Purba Purnama. “Method for preparing biodegradable stereocomplexes using a supercritical fluid-organic solvent system and stereocomplexes prepared by the same”. U.S. Patent: US Patent 20110201710A1 (Publication date: 2011, 08, 18)
- A Preparation Method of Clay/Polymer Composite using Supercritical Fluid-Organic Solvent System. Korean Patent: KP Appl. 2011-0044812 (2011,05,12)
- Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Sang-Heon, Youngmee Jung, and Purba Purnama. “A Preparation Method of Clay/Polymer Composite using Supercritical Fluid-Organic Solvent System”. U.S. Patent: US Patent 20120289618 (Publication date 2012, 11, 15)