Dr. Zaki S. Saldi is Chair of Product Design Engineering study programme at Universitas Prasetiya Mulya, Indonesia. His teaching and research interest lies in the area of thermofluids, materials processing, and product development, with a primary focus on the use of Computer-Aided Design and Engineering including Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulations. Dr. Saldi’s recent research experience includes fellowships in a project funded by European Union on computational modeling of syngas combustion and in a project funded by Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) UK on integrated safety strategies for hydrogen storage onboard fuel cell vehicles, both carried out at University of Warwick, UK. In 2012, he obtained his doctoral degree from Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, after working in a collaborative project with Materials Innovation Institute (M2i) and Tata Steel on hydrodynamics of liquid weld pools. He has authored and co-authored peer-reviewed articles published in international journals and conference proceedings (Dr. Saldi's Google Scholars Profile), and also serves as reviewer for International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer and International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer.
Dr. Saldi's personal website
Dr. Saldi's personal website
- Doctor in Applied Physics, Delft University of Technology 2012
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology 2005
- Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering, Institut Teknologi Bandung 2002
- 2015 : UK Engineering & Physical Science Research Council (EPSRC) Fellowship
- 2013: European Union Marie Curie Fellowship
- 2003 : MEXT Japan scholarship for Master degree
- Researcher, Materials Innovation Institute, Delft, 2006 - 2010
- Research Fellow, School of Engineering, University of Warwick, 2013 - 2016
- Saldi, Z.S. and Wen, J.X., ”Modeling Thermal Response of Polymer Composite Hydrogen Cylinders Subjected to External Fires”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol 42 (11), pp. 7513-7520, 2017.
- Saldi, Z.S. and Wen, J.X., “Modeling of Large-scale Syngas Jet Fires”, Proceedings of the 2nd European Symposium of Fire Safety Science, pp. 257-262, Nicosia, 2015.
- Saldi, Z.S., Kidess. A., Kenjeres, S., Zhao, C., Richardson, I.M., Kleijn, C.R., "Effect of Enhanced Heat and Mass Transport and Flow Reversal during Cool Down on Weld Pool Shapes in Laser Spot Welding of Steel", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.66, pp. 879-888, 2013.
- Saldi, Z.S., Kidess. A., Kenjeres, S., Kleijn, C.R., Zhao, C., Richardson, I.M., “Marangoni Driven Free Surface Microflows in Liquid Metal Weld Pools”, Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Microfluidics, Toulouse, 2010.
- Zhao, C., Kwakernaak, C., Pan, Y., Richardson, I.M., Saldi, Z.S., Kenjeres, S., Kleijn, C.R., “The Effect of Oxygen on Transitional Marangoni Flow in Laser Spot Welding”, Acta Materialia, Vol.58(19), pp. 6345- 6357, 2010.
- Saldi, Z.S., Zhao, C., Kenjeres, S., Richardson, I.M., Kleijn, C., “Numerical and Experimental Studies of Free Surface Flow Reversals in Liquid Steel Welding Pools”, in Mathematical Modelling of Weld Phenomena 9, H. Cerjak and N. Enzinger, Eds., TU Graz, pp. 21 – 34, 2009.
- Noda, S., Inohae, J., Saldi, Z.S., “NOx Emission Characteristics of Confined Jet Non-Premixed Flames”, Proceedings of The Combustion Institute, Vol. 31(1), pp. 1625-1632, 2007.