Danang Birowosuto is a faculty member in the department of Renewable Energy Engineering, Universitas Prasetiya Mulya, Indonesia. Currently he also serves as a researcher and manager at CNRS International - Nanyang Technological University(NTU) -Thales Research Alliance (CINTRA). He has an extensive academia and industry research experience such as at Nippon Telephone and Telegraph (NTT), Japan, University of Twente and Delft University of Technology, Netherlands. His research interests are in developing novel quantum system and in controlling light and matter interaction. Now in CINTRA, he also incorporates his knowledge in light and matter interaction to design much more efficient photovoltaics for harvesting energy and light/laser emitting devices with low energy consumption for telecommunications, biomedical, and sensing applications. He holds 4 international patents, has given more than 10 invited presentations in premier photonic conferences such as CLEO, MRS, and PIERS, and has published more than 80 international journals (Google scholar, Scopus, SINTA). He is a member of many academic societies including Optical Society of America and American Chemical Society. He is also active journal referee in Nature, Optical Society, American Chemical Society, Elsevier, Institute of Physics, and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physics), Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, January 2008
- Master of Science (Physics), University of Groningen, The Netherlands, June 2003
- Bachelor of Science (Physics), Bandung Institute of Technology, Jan 2001
- Ministry of Education Singapore (MOE Tier 2) (2017-2020)
- Thales Research and Technology (2015-2016)
- Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology-Japan Science and Technology Agency (CRESTJST) (2010-2013)
- Best Research Article in 2014, NTT Corp. for Nature Materials covered by Nature Photonics, Physorg, SPIE Newsroom, Nanowerk.
- Selected Article by Applied Physics Dept. U. Twente as Top 10 articles in 2010.
- STW – St Gobain Awards at TU Delft.
- Delta Grant for Msc student at U. Groningen.
- Valedictorian of Physics ITB graduate in July 2001.
- Visiting Fellow CNRS and Manager CNRS International – NTU - Thales Research Alliance, Aug. 2015-
- Researcher of Indonesian Institute of Sciences, Feb. 2015 -
- Faculty member of Sampoerna University, Indonesia, adjunct with Lousiana State University, Lousiana, US, Nov. 2013 – Aug. 2015
- Researcher Nippon Telephone and Telegraph, Atsugi, Japan, Oct. 2010 – Oct. 2013
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, Feb. 2008 – Sep. 2010
- Researcher, Delft University of Technology and Saint Gobain, Delft, Netherlands, Sep. 2007 – Jan. 2008
- • B. Gholipur, G. Adamo, D. Cortecchia, H. Krishnamoorthy, M. D. Birowosuto, N. I. Zheludev, and C. Soci Organometallic Perovskite Metasurfaces, Advanced Materials 29 (9) (2017) 1604268
• M. D. Birowosuto, D. Cortecchia, W. Drozdowski, K. Brylew, W. Lachmanski, A. Bruno, C. Soci, X-ray scintillation in lead halide perovskite crystals, Nature Scientific Reports 6 (2016) 37254
• M. D. Birowosuto, A. Yokoo, G. Zhang, K. Tateno, E. Kuramochi, H. Taniyama, M. Takiguchi, M. Notomi, Moveable High-Q Nanoresonators Realized by Sub-wavelength III/V Semiconductor Nanowires on a Si Photonic Crystal Platform, Nature Materials 13 (2014) 279-285.
• M. D. Birowosuto, H. Sumikura, S. Matsuo, H. Taniyama, P. J. van Veldhoven, R. Nötzel, M. Notomi, Fast Purcell-enhanced single photon source in 1,550-nm telecom band from a resonant quantum dot-cavity coupling, Sci. Rep. 2 (2012) 321.
• M. D. Birowosuto, S. E. Skipetrov, W. L. Vos, A. P. Mosk, Observation of Spatial Fluctuations of the Local Density of States in Random Photonic Media, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 (2010) 013904.