Agung Alfiansyah obtained his Ph.D degree in Mathematics and Informatics from the University de la Mediterrane, Marseille, France. Previously, he received a postgraduate degree in Modelisation and Conception of the Process Assisted by Computer from the same university. His research is mainly focused on medical image processing, which includes computer-asisted surgery, computer aided diagnostic and application of PDE on image processing. He is also interested in Computer Graphics, Geometric Modelisation, Scientific Visualization, Data Science / Big Data and Medical Instrumentation. In parallel with his main research activities, he is also working on High Performance Computing (Parallel Processing) using graphic card and Mathematical Modeling for Financial Applications. He has been teaching in university and supervising student projects on topics that include microprocessor-based systems, digital signal processing and mobile information systems.
- PhD in Mathematics and Informatics (Computer Science) , Universite de la Mediterrane, Marseille, France, 2007
- Master Degree in Computer Science , Universite de la Mediterrane, Marseille, France, 2002
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, Indonesia, 1996
- 2009 – UNIVERSITI OF MALAYA RESEARCH GRANT (UMRG). “Graphics Hardware Accelerated Medical Image Segmentation based on Local Descriptor Driven Deformable Model”
- 2002 – Convention CIFRE from l’Association nationale de la recherche et de la technologie (ANRT) to promote the development of public-private partnership of industrial and academic research in place of employment conditions
- 2001 – French Government Scholarship
- Head of Department / Lecturer at Surya College of Education (STKIP Surya), Tangerang, Indoonesia
- Senior Lecturer at Faculty if Medicine at University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Research Engineer at Praxim-Medivision, Grenoble, France
- Lecturer at Electrical Engineering Department, Universitas Islam Indonesia. Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- A. Alfiansyah, “A Unified Energy Approach for B-Spline Snake in Medical Image Segmentation” Jurnal Telkomnika vol 7, no 3. September 2010, Faculty of Universitas Ahmad Dahlan, Yogyakarta.
- A. Alfiansyah, “A Review of Technical framework on Computer Assisted Surgery Development” in Distributed Diagnosis and Home Healthcare vol. 2, American Scientific Publisher.
- A. Alfiansyah, “Image Segmentation using Deformable Model and Level-Set” Medical Image Processing: Techniques and Applications, Springer Verlag.
- A. Alfiansyah, ‘MRI Image Denoising from Rician noises via ROF model Total Variation” BME Days, Surabaya, November 2010.
- A. Alfiansyah, “Unifying Approach of Segmentation and Registration for Ultrasound-Based Computer Assisted Orthopedic Surgery”, 9th AOCMP and 7th SEAOMP Congress, Chiang Mai, November 2009
- A. Alfiansyah, K.H. Ng, R. Lamsudin “Bone segmentation based on local structure descriptor driven active contour”, International conference on BioMedical Engineering, Singapore, November 2008.
- L. Perez, J. Lemaitre, A. Alfiansyah and M. E. Bellemare, “Bone Surface ReconstructionUsing Localized Freehand Ultrasound Imagery” 30th Annual International IEEE EMBS Conference 2008.