Stevanus Wisnu Wijaya is a lecturer at Department of Software Engineering, School of Applied STEM, Prasetiya Mulya University. He has more than 15 years of working experience in higher education with several milestones such as succesfully establishing a research centre, developing new subjects in information sytems discipline, and being awarded several research grants. He received his Ph.D. degree from Queensland University of Technology, Australia. His research aims to investigate the process of empowerment of Indonesian migrant domestic workers in online communities. The research employs digital ethnography which is an innovative methodology in information systems discipline. He is serving or has served as reviewer for Journal of Global Information Management, Encyclopaedia of Information Science and Technology, Internet Research Conferences 2016, Konferensi Nasional Sistem Informasi and RITEKTRA 2016. He is also serving as Technical Program Commitee for the World Summit on Mobile Government 2017. His research interests include electronic commerce, social media, cross-cultural issues in information systems, knowledge management, human computer interactions, and computer-mediated communication. His research work has been published in the Journal of Community Informatics, Encyclopaedia of Information Science and Technology, Frame Work for responsible Research and Innovation in ICT, Journal Sistem informasi, Internet Working Indonesia Journal and among others. He’s experienced in teaching various areas in social technologies, management information systems, and human computer interactions.
- 2011 – 2016: PhD in Information systems, Queensland University of Technology, Australia. Thesis: Empowerment in Online Communities: a Special Investigation of Indonesian Migrant Workers Communities. The thesis is nominated as outstanding doctoral thesis awards by the examiners
- 2005 - 2007: Institute of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia. Master in Information Systems (cum laude). Thesis: E-Government Readiness Model.
- 1994 – 2000: Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
Awards and grants
- Best Paper Award National Conference on Information Systems, 2007
- Scholarship at ARC Winter School, Faculty of Creative Industries, QUT
- LATROBE ASIA AND UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA TRAVEL GRANTS 2017.
- PARTNERSHIP FOR GOVERNANCE REFORMS RESEARCH GRANTS 2014.
- ARC WINTER SCHOOL 2013, TRAVEL GRANTS.
- PHD RESEARCH AWARD, 2011-2015, THE GOVERNMENT OF INDONESIA
- NATIONAL STRATEGIC RESEARCH GRANT 2010-2011, THE GOVERNMENT OF INDONESIA. Research: Empowering Indonesian Migrant Workers through Online Discussion
- INTERNATIONAL PUBLICATION RESEARCH GRANT 2010, THE GOVERNMENT OF INDONESIA. Research: Male and Females Access to ICT Venues.
- HIGHER EDUCATION COLLABORATION RESEARCH GRANT 2008-2010, THE GOVERNMENT OF INDONESIA. Research: The Development of E-Government Readiness Model, Case Study Province of Yogyakarta.
- RISET UNGGULAN TERPADU, INSTITUT TEKNOLOGI BANDUNG INDONESIA. Research: The Development of E-Government Readiness Model, Case Study Bantul Regency.
Other professional experience
- SENIOR LECTURER (Lektor/300), SANATA DHARMA UNIVERSITY, INDONESIA (2001- 2016)
- SESSIONAL ACADEMICS : ENTERPRISES 2.0 APPLICATIONS- SCHOOL of INFORMATION SYSTEMS, QUT, 2014
- INDONESIAN LANGUAGES TEACHER and SOCIAL MEDIA RESEARCHER, AbtJTA, 2013.
- CONSULTANT FOR OPEN GOVERNANCES PROJECT, PARTNERSHIP FOR GOVERNANCE REFORMS, 2014
- Fellow Associate of Framework for Responsible Research and Innovation in ICT, the University of Oxford and De Montfort University, U.K., 2013.
- Research Fellow, Mobile Government Consortium International, U.K., 2008-2009.
- Adhoc reviewer; the journal of Global Information Management ( Scopus Indexed)
- Reviewer: Encyclopaedia of Information Science and Technology
- Reviewer: Internet research conferences 2016 at Berlin.
Publication list (selected)
- Wijaya, S.W. Watson, Jason; Bruce, Christine(Forthcoming). Understanding of Empowerment in Social Media Context; Lessons from Indonesian Migrant Domestic Workers. International Journal of Web Based Communities ( scopus indexed).
- Wijaya, S.W. Watson, Jason; Bruce, Christine(Forthcoming). How does social media improve the wellbeing and awareness of migration challenges amongst Indonesian migrant domestic workers. Workshop on Multimedia, Mobility and The Digital Southeast Asian Family, Latrobe University, Australia.
- Wijaya, S.W.Watson,Jason;Bruce, Christine( 2016). Empower the Migrant Community in Online Communities: Breaking the Barrier of Isolation. Maximizing Migration Benefits Conference 2016. Organized by University of London and University of Indonesia.
- Wijaya, S. W. Watson, Jason; Bruce, Christine. (2014). Migrant Empowerment in Online Communities: A Conceptual Model. In D. B. A. Mehdi Khosrow-Pour (Ed.), Encyclopaedia of Information Science and Technology (3rd Ed.) (3rd ed.): IGI Global.
- Wijaya, S. W., & Polina, A. M. (2014). Male and Females the Internet Access Usage Patterns at Public Access Venues In a Developing Country: Lessons from Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The Journal of Community Informatics.
- Wijaya, S. W., Watson, J., & Bruce, C. (2013). Addressing Public and Private Issues in a Virtual Ethnography Study of an Open Online Community: a Reflective Paper. Published online: http://torrii.responsible-innovation.org.uk/resource-detail/1050
- Wijaya, S. W., Diwatmoko, Ign. Aris; Surendro, Kridanto; Sastramiharja, Husni. (2012). A Statistical Analysis of Priority Factors for Local e-Government in a Developing Country: Case Study of Yogyakarta Local Government, Indonesia. In K. Z. Bwalya, S. (Ed.), Handbook of Research on E-Government in Emerging Economies: Adoption, E-Participation, and Legal Frameworks (Vol. I, pp. 194-211): Information Science Reference, IGI Global.
- Sedana,I.G;Wijaya,S.W(2009). Applying UTAUT Theory to Reach Better Understanding on The Adoption and Use of Learning Management System Case Study: Experiential E-Learning of Sanata Dharma University; The International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Information System 2009.
- Wijaya, S.W., Dwiatmoko, Ign. Aris; Surendro, Kridanto, Sastramiharja, Husni (2009). Preparing Digital Government Services in Developing Countries; 8th International Conference on E-government 2009 in Austria (DEXA 2009).
- Wijaya, S.W., Dwiatmoko, Ign. Aris; Surendro, Kridanto Sastramiharja, Husni, S; ”E-readiness: Bridging Gap Between ICT Infrastructure and E-government Success. Euro M government 2008, Turkey.