Rike Tri Kumala Dewi, M.Si is a researcher and faculty member in the department of Food Business Technology, Universitas Prasetiya Mulya, Indonesia. Her scientific work and teaching subject is primarily in the field of food microbiology and biotechnology with a strong emphasis on control of food spoilage caused by pathogenic microbes. In 2014, she has conducted researchon harvested food-related bacteria, microbiological and molecular-genetic methods for their identification and characterization, and use of bacterial enzyme to control pathogenic microbeswhich funded by Directorate General of Higher Education (DGHE) Republic of Indonesia and ABS Funds (German). Part of her works were published in international academic journal and national seminar proceedings. Outsides of her scientific activities, Ms. Rike also active in social activities. She and her colleague together formed “Banten Bangun Desa community” to help Banten’s farmer in increasing their harvest productivity.
- Master of Science in Biotechnology, Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) 2015
- Bachelor of Sience in Biology, Padjadjaran University (UNPAD) 2011
Achievement, award, and grant
- 2014 : Research scholarship by ABS Funds (German)-Bogor Agricultural University (Indonesia)
- 2012 – 2014: Unggulan Scholarships by Directorate General of Higher Education (DGHE) Indonesia in Biotechnology Magister Programs, Bogor Agricultural University (IPB)
- 2010 : The 2nd Most Outstanding Student Award, Biology Study Program, Padjadjaran University
- 2008 : The winner of The Highest GPA Student Award, Biology Study Program, Padjadjaran University
Other professional experience
- Banten Bangun Desa Community – Consultant, September 2015 –Now
- Nurul Fikri Foundation – Academic Consultant, January 2012 – May 2014
- Biology Research Center, Indonesia Institute of Science (LIPI)– Research Assistant, January – August 2011
- Biology study program, Padjadjaran University (UNPAD) – Academic Assistant, February 2008 - August 2010
Publication list (selected)
- Dewi, R.T.K., Mubarik, N.R., Suhartono, M.T. “Medium optimization of β-glucanase production by Bacillus subtilis SAHA 32.6 used as biological control of oil palm pathogen”, Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture, vol 28 no 2, February 2016 (IF 0,623)
- Dewi, R.T.K., Mubarik, N.R., Suhartono, M.T. “Medium optimization of Bacterial β-glucanase production” International Conference on Biosciences, Bogor, Indonesia, Oral Presentation, August 2015.
- Mubarik, N.R., Asril, M., Annisa, S., Paoziah S., Listiyowati, S., Dewi, R.T.K., Daniel, R. “Biodiversity inventory, collectionand preservation, (in-situ and ex-situ): Prokaryotes and leaf blight pathogenic fungi on oil palm”Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems Sumatera Indonesia (EFForTS) Workshop, German, Poster presentation, March 2015.