Dr. Nurmalia is a faculty member of Product Design Engineering study programme at Universitas Prasetiya Mulya, Indonesia. Her expertise is in the testing and evaluation of engineering products and infrastructure, particularly in non-destructive testing and evaluation (NDT&E). Her work in the past 7 years focused on the development of technologies associated with NDT&E, specifically with ultrasonic evaluation techniques. Her latest research has focused on the application of ultrasonic guided waves for use in pipe inspection, which is also important for inspection of tubes, rods, or any plate structures. She also contributes to the development of an alternative transducer design, i.e. Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT).
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, Osaka University, 2013
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Osaka University, 2010
- Bachelor of Engineering in Engineering Physics, Institut Teknologi Bandung, 2006
Awards and Fellowship/Scholarships
- 2010 : Symposium on Ultrasonic Electronics Young Scientist Award, for the presentation "Propagation Behavior of SH Guided Waves in a Tapered Plate" given in the 31th Symposium on Ultrasonic Electronics, Tokyo.
- 2010: Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarship for Doctoral course
- 2008 : Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarship for Master course
Other professional experience
- Researcher, Institut Teknologi Bandung, 2015 - 2017
- Researcher, Osaka University, 2013 - 2015
- Instrument Engineer, PT. Ipedex Indonesia, 2007
- Electronic Analyst, PT. Honoris Industry, 2000 - 2001
Publication list (selected)
- Nurmalia, N. Nakamura, H. Ogi and M. Hirao, EMAT pipe inspection technique using higher mode torsional guided wave T(0,2), NDT&E International, Vol. 87, pp. 78 – 84, January, 2017. 2.
- Nurmalia, N. Nakamura, H. Ogi and M. Hirao, Mode conversion and total reflection of torsional waves for pipe inspection, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 52, 07HC14, July, 2013.
- Nurmalia, N. Nakamura, H. Ogi and M. Hirao, Mode conversion of torsional waves generated by electromagnetic acoustic transducer, AIP Conf. Proc., Vol. 1511, Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation QNDE2012, pp. 909 – 915, 2013.
- Nurmalia, N. Nakamura, H. Ogi, M. Hirao and K. Nakahata, Mode conversion behavior of SH guided wave in a tapered plate, NDT&E International, Vol. 45, pp. 156 – 161, January, 2012.
- Nurmalia, N. Nakamura, H. Ogi and M. Hirao, Detection of shear horizontal guided waves propagating in aluminum plate with thinning region, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 50, 07HC17, July, 2011.