Maydison Ginting, Ph.D. currently serves as a Faculy Member as well as the Head of Department of Business Mathematics in the School of Applied STEM, Universitas Prasetiya Mulya. Dr. Ginting has spent more than 12 years as an academician mostly in the United States of America. Prior to returning to Indonesia, Dr. Ginting was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of West Alabama, U.S.A. While at the University of West Alabama, Dr. Ginting developed and established a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science degree track in the Mathematics Major. Dr. Ginting’s research interest is in the application of Mathematics and Statistics to problems in Actuarial Science, Risk Management, Financial Mathematics such as financial derivatives and modeling, Supply Chain Management, and Inventory Management. Dr. Ginting has also a keen interest in Mathematics Education for college courses utilizing web and computer technology.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, U.S.A., December 2011
- M.A., Mathematics, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, U.S.A., December 2007
- M.A., Management Science, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, U.S.A., August 2003
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Alabama at Birmingham, U.S.A., 2000
- B.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, U.S.A., 1998
Awards and grants
- Research Grant Award, University of West Alabama, U.S.A., October 2011.
- Summer School in Risk Management and Risk Sharing, Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, June 7 – July 9, 2010 (Full financial support).
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship, Department of Mathematics, University of Alabama, U.S.A., Spring 2005 – Fall 2009.
- Summer Research Award, Department of Mathematics, University of Alabama, U.S.A., June 2008.
- Outstanding Teaching by a Doctoral Candidate, University of Alabama, U.S.A., April 2007.
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship, Department of Information Systems, Statistics, and Management Science, University of Alabama, U.S.A., Fall 2000 – Spring 2003.
Other professional experience
- Head of Department of Business Mathematics, Universitas Prasetiya Mulya, Tangerang, Banten, Indonesia, October 2016 – Present
- Lecturer of Green Economy and Technopreneurship Departments, Surya University, Tangerang, Banten, Indonesia, August 2013 – August 2016
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics, University of West Alabama, Livingston, AL, U.S.A., August 2011 – July 2013
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics, University of West Alabama, Livingston, AL, U.S.A., August 2010 – July 2011
- System Engineer, U.S. PIPE & FOUNDRY CO., Birmingham, AL, U.S.A., 1998-2001
Publication list (selected)
- Maydison Ginting and Zhijian Wu. “Capping the Variance of Cash Flow of Hedging Strategy.” 91st Annual Meeting MAA-Southeast Section, Atlanta, U.S.A., March 2012.
- Maydison Ginting, “Capping The Variance Of Cash Flow Of Hedging Strategy.”, Dissertation, 2011
School of Applied STEM
Universitas Prasetiya Mulya
Liem Hall 310
Kavling Edutown I.1
Jl. BSD Raya Utama, BSD City
Tangerang - 15339, Indonesia
M: +62812 9073 3742 | P : +6221 3045 0500 ext. 2228 | Fax: +6221 3045 0505